Friday 3 June 2011

Chemo Session # 2 (from my journal - Sept 30, 2010)

I went to my second chemo session alone. I told my mother that I am totally capable of doing it myself. I actually prefer doing things alone. I’ve always been kind of a loner. I dressed for the occasion as well. I wore my black leather pirate boots. They zip almost up to the knee, with buckles on the sides, and lined in leopard print! I also wore my tight black jeans, a black off the shoulder top, and my black leather riding jacket. I looked sooo badass and like Dark Angel. I decided that I am gonna kick chemo’s ass, and not the other way around!

So, here I am, sitting in my lazyboy chair, letting the nurse hook my PICC line up to the IV tubes for my treatment, and looking damn good for someone on chemo. I’m going to call myself ChemoGirl, because I am damn ChemoSexy! I told the nurse that I am loving the steroids, since they made me so high on life, that I couldn’t stop dancing around the house, and am so in love with life! She laughed and said that if you aren’t used to steroids, they can be quite the high. She brought me my steroids (5 of them, boys I will be flying tonight!), and anti-nauseants, saying, “Enjoy your steroids!” with a laugh. The nurse told me that I probably won’t have another period for the duration of my treatments. I said, “This keeps getting better and better! I might stay on chemo forever! I haven’t had to shave my legs or underarms in a few weeks now, I have awesome looking hair, and that I’m fitting jeans that haven’t fit me in over 3 years! I love this!” I told her I am going to get a t-shirt that says “I heart My Chemo” because of all the side effects that I have so far! She just said, “That’s great how you are looking at the positive side of things!” and laughed.

While I am sitting in the chair with the chemo cocktail running through my veins, I got a text message from none other than Beautiful Hotness. What a surprise! I thought BH had totally forgotten about me since our encounter almost a month ago.

Beautiful Hotness is so-called by me because BH is made up of a physical beauty that is near perfection and almost painful to look at. Perfect beautifully featured face, great hair, and totally chiselled rock hard bod. The kind of beauty that almost seems unfair when compared with mere mortals. The amazing thing is that BH thinks I am hot and sexy! It somehow seems impossible, but hey, I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. There are times when the fates bless us, and fate has blessed me with a few amazingly passionate encounters with this Beautiful Hotness.

BH texted me to let me know they were in town for the afternoon and would love to come see me for some cuddles before heading back home. Awwwww. How could I say no to that? I mean, really, I can’t say no to anything THAT beautiful. Add the fact that BH is a total sweetheart and a softie, there was no way I could refuse. BH and I traded texts for a few hours while the chemo ran its course, talking about how much we could not wait to see each other later in the afternoon for our cuddle session. I was sitting in the chemo room with the biggest, goofiest grin on my face. What a great day!

BH arrived at my place at about 5 pm. We ate pizza, then went upstairs to my room for our cuddles. It was so sweet. Turns out BH was headed on a trip, and came over to see me before leaving on vacation. I thought that was really cute.




No comments:

Post a Comment